TBE Brotherhood is a social and service organization at Temple Beth Emeth.
We are committed to:
Meeting the social and spiritual needs of our brothers.
We recognize our diversity. Some of us are young and some old. Some of us are straight, others gay.
Some of us are gifted with intellectual abilities; others are blessed with physical or artistic talents.
Some of us are rich and some are poor. Some of us were born Jewish, others have become Jews.
With all our diversity, we are brothers.
Transmitting our religious values to future generations.
As biological or adoptive fathers and as teachers in our community, we fulfill the ancient commandment
”…you shall teach them to your children.”
We seek to teach future generations of Jews through our words and our deeds.
Fulfilling the ethical and ritual mitzvot of Judaism.
We search for ways to express our uniquely masculine spirituality
through meaningful rituals, both ancient and contemporary.
The right of Jewish women to full and equal participation.
We recognize the uniquely feminine spiritual energy women bring to our religious traditions.
The pursuit of knowledge of Torah.
We study the ancient and modern teachers of our faith.
We make the teachings of Judaism the foundation of our moral being.
Supporting the Jewish State of Israel.
Brotherhood is dedicated to providing programming that is meaningful and relevant to our members. Past activities have included:
- Raising and lowering the Sukkah
- Sponsoring the Chanukah Latke Dinner
- Monthly Limudim lecture series
- Facilitating an annual Shabbat Service
- Annual Brotherhood Membership Meeting
- Concerts (Klezmer, classical, and much more)
- Sponsoring the annual Red Cross Blood Drive
- Sponsoring annual Mitzvah Day Projects
- Religious programming (Brotherhood Shabbat Service, Sukkot Service, Havadalah Service, Men's Seder)